Back to School Preparation Tips
After a thoroughly enjoyable break, we have now resumed our normal trading hours and you will be excited to know that our Autumn/Winter collection has already begun to arrive in store and will be available for purchase online in January.
For those of you with young children returning to school, or even commencing school for the first time, we understand that this time of year can be quite hectic and even challenging for some parents juggling to maintain a happy work/life balance.
That is why we decided to provide you with a list of activities to help prepare your child for their first day of school.
1. Shopping for school supplies together can be a fun way to give them some responsibility. Provide limits, but allow them to pick out a backpack, lunch box, nap mat (if required), water bottle, new clothes, and some basic school supplies (pencils, crayons, etc).
2. Inviting younger children to assist with labeling of belongings can be fun, while older children can draw up their own class timetables or colour-code their exercise books and subject folders.
3. Staging trial public transport runs (for older children) or schoolyard walk-throughs (for younger children) can help lessen any anxiety your child may be experiencing.
4. Escorting younger children to the classroom and familiarising them with key places such as the bathroom, gym, library, and cafeteria may also be helpful.
5. Arranging play dates or catch-ups with your child’s friends who will be attending the same school may help your child feel more at ease.
6. Creating a regular bedtime and wake-up routine before school starts is also important to prepare your child for class and an easy approach to cutting down on first-day stress. We hope some of these tips are helpful and wish you and your family a happy start to the new school year. From the entire team at Bon Bon Tresor, we wish all of our friends, family and valued customers a happy new year for 2013.