10 Tips for Organising Children's Clothing
Have you ever looked at your piles of clean and dirty laundry and wondered if it will ever get organised? Having children seems to come with the never ending laundry piles that are either ready to go in the wash or clean with nowhere to go. When we have kids it is hard to resist the cute clothes and great deals that we find in the children clothing stores but then we end up with cramped closets, full drawers and big piles of clothes. Here are 10 tips for organising your Children's clothing:
1. Store clothes by season and sizes. If you go to a children's clothing store and end up buying something that is the next size up or the wrong season you should store it in a bin.
2. Mark your child's clothes. This is very helpful if you have more then one child. Take a permanent marker and write a symbol or initials on your children's clothes so you know who they belong to.
3. Keep an eye on the styles and clothes your children wear. You can take the clothes that they never wear, and already own, out of their closet and drawers and donate it.
4. Separate laundry hampers. Have a different hamper for each member of the household. When the hamper gets full, it is time to do that laundry.
5. Clean out closets and drawers every 3-6 months. Kids grow fast. Make sure to get rid of all of the clothes that no longer fit them so that you have optimal space to store the clothes that do fit.
6. Avoid clutter. Make sure that all hangers are going the same way to optimize room and avoid tangles. Use totes and drawers to keep the small things together like underwear and socks.
7. Keep colors and styles together. Hang all short sleeves together with their similar colors, all long sleeves with similar colors, shorts, pants, etc. This makes it easy for you to find what you are looking for.
8. Limit the clothes. Keep a list of the clothes you have for your child so you don't buy them to many of something.
9. Hang bulky coats and jackets on pegs on the back of their door or coat racks. 10. Buy a shoe rack to keep shoes together and clean. Hope this helps! :)